Whether it's a girls getaway, a wedding, or just a weekend jaunt ... the Central Texas Wine region is a great escape. We've created this handy guide to help you hit the right spots — we've even given you our top picks for transportation just in case you need a lift (which we highly encourage.)
- Absolute Charm: Housed in a historic home, this spot is perfect for you and your girls and seconds from the famous strip for shopping in Fredericksburg.
- Becker Vineyards: Besides tasty wines this quaint spot is also host to heavenly lavender fields and a cozy bed and breakfast. (100-120 guests)
- Brennan Vineyards: "Sophisticated wines with Texas roots" they say. (200 guests)
- Chisholm Trail Winery: A fabulous spot to stop with your girls, but don't plan to have your wedding here ... they don't host private events!
- Driftwood Estate Winery: The breathtaking view makes this winery an idyllic spot for a reception. (150 guests)
|Images from our tour of the winery in September 2011. A new pergola graces your entrance, and the pavilion with a fireplace and fire pit make this outdoor venue very cozy.|
- Duchman Family Winery: We love that you can actually take a tour of the whole winery including the barrel room. (200 guests)
- Flat Creek Estate: Home of Buckin' Horse wines, if your having a destination wedding nothing would make a better Texas toast. (100-150 guests depending)
- Grape Creek Vineyards: Another spot to stop if your clinking your glass with your girls, but no private events here.
- McReynolds Winery: A maginificent place for a small wedding beneath grand oak trees and the Texas sunset.
- Pilot Knob: Named for a volcanic formation close by, this little vineyard has good views and great wines. (250 guests)
- Spicewood Vineyards: Spicewood has been around since 1992 and continues to win awards for it's tasty selections. (200+ guests)
- Texas Hills Vineyard: Close to Johnson City and earth-friendly, this vineyard comes with a lot of charm and personality.
|These images are also from our September 2011 winery tours. The tasting room has had a facelift! The exterior patio with arches look fabulous.|
-Torre di Pietra: Go on a Saturday if you're with your girls and sit on the patio to catch some live music while you taste. (150 guests)
- Lost Creek Vineyard: You can sip, stay, and eat at this vineyard. The Tree House Bistro is a lovely spot for dinner. (100-175 guests)
-The Vineard at Florence: This is the very first vineyard you can call home - as in they have residents. Luxury Villas are availble for the weekends too. (300 guests)
- Cynthia's Manhattan Limo: If you're thinking limo-rides for the wedding or bachelorette, Cynthia's is our top pick.
- Transportation Consultants: If you need ANYTHING other than a sedan or limo, then Bill Talley at Transportation Consultants is your guy.