The Fairy Godmothers are often asked about affordable Texas wines for their receptions or gifts for out of town guests. With yesterday's post, we thought this was the perfect opportunity to share a few that we like.
Some Texas wines can be found at major stores like Costco, Target, HEB, Randalls, etc. Others can only be picked up or shipped from the vineyards. We picked up the bottles below at Central Market (by HEB) and Target.
All three Becker wines (Iconoclast Fascination, Prairie Rotie, Iconoclast Cab Sauv.) were good. The Iconoclast Cabernet Sauvignon was the favorite. We picked it up for only $8.99 at Target! ($10.95 at the winery.)
- Becker Claret
- Becker Iconoclast (Cab Sauv is spicier, Fascination is more "jammy")
- Becker Prairie Rotie
- Driftwood Estates Cuve Blanc
- Driftwood Estates Lonestar Cab
- Driftwood Estates Merlot
- Grape Creek Mosaic
- Rancho Ponte Triple M
- Texas Hills Kick Butt Cab
- Texas Hills Toro de Tejas Tempranillo